Easy Broiled Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
Growing up I haaaated fish. I couldn't stand the smell, the taste, or the texture. Thank goodness adults grow up and get better taste buds because I just adore salmon now. And this dish is no exception!
The creamy dill sauce makes it so exquisitely delicious. A flavourful dill sauce with a hint of Dijon mustard and pure maple syrup. The ingredients blend well together. Even my kids ate it and liked it!
- 6 boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste, plus 1/4 tsp each for the sauce
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle both sides of the salmon fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place salmon on the baking sheet. Move the rack to 4-6 inches from the heat source. Broil for about 4 minutes on each side.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and drizzle with the sauce. Serve immediately.