Creamy Spinach Fettuccine with Sun-dried Tomatoes
I was feeling a little under the weather tonight so my amazing fiance made tonight's dinner. What a sweetie, eh?
This fettuccine was creamy and cheesy and very delicious! My normally picky eater gobbled it all up without picking out the spinach or sun-dried tomatoes!
I decided to test out this recipe from the Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook, to prepare for my Hunger Games: Catching Fire DVD Release Party. The verdict? Amazing! Although I'm not too sure I'll make it for my actual party setting, or just use more finger foods and dessert/snack foods such as these amazing White Chocolate Chocolate Cookies, which are also inspired by the Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook.
At any rate, it's perfect for a sit down meal with your family. No need to have a Hunger Games theme party going on in order to have this dish, good for any night of the week! It took Jared no time at all to make and he said it was quite easy to make.
- 1/2 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Add fettuccine to a large pot filled with boiling, lightly salted water. Cook for 15 minutes or until the pasta reaches your desired consistency, and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter and cream cheese together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once they melt together and become liquid, add whole milk and let it simmer for three minutes. Whisk the mixture, then mix in the flour to thicken. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted and then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, heat olive oil. Add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and oregano. Sauté for five minutes. Add the spinach mixture to the butter sauce and cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through. Serve over cooked pasta.
Adapted from The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook.