Blogger Tutorial: Making the Background Stick



 Have you ever noticed when you try to add your own background to your blog, or when you're reading someone else's blog, the background does this annoying thing where it scrolls along with your page? It's distracting, to say the least. It makes me dizzy and I immediately stop reading and leave the blog/website. I can't be the only one, can I?


So how do you fix it, you ask? The answer is really quite simple. It's quick and easy to do. It's one of the first things I did when I set up my blog and it literally took me less than a minute to do.

For Blogger:

Go to Template. Make sure you click backup/restore before you do any editing to your blog. We wouldn't want anybody losing any of their hard work.

Go to Customize. From there, on the left you will see a list, and at the bottom of the list, click on Advanced.

Again, scroll down, to the bottom and click where it says Add CSS and paste the following code into the window:

body, .body-fauxcolumn-outer .cap-top {
  background-attachment:fixed;
}

Click "Apply to Blog" and voila! You now have a beautiful new background that stays put and won't make your readers dizzy!


 

0 Response to "Blogger Tutorial: Making the Background Stick"

Posting Komentar